Students need to pay attention to their confidentiality. Our article provides three best VPNs the students can use on iPads for their better comfort and safety.
3 Best VPN Services 2019 for IPad Students Should Download
If you’re a student who is worried about his/her privacy and security online, then you definitely need a Virtual Private Network. It allows the user to turn into a shadow on the Internet by re-routing the traffic through a secure server. It might sound complicated, but you won’t need a degree to use one. In fact, all a student has to do is choose a VPN, download the installer, follow the instructions, and hit the “Activate” button – that’s it!
While mobile platforms don’t need any anti-virus protection, they are still vulnerable to numerous attacks. In this post, we’ll help you pick the best VPN for an iPad that is equally fast, reliable, and feature-packed.
#1 – ExpressVPN – The Most Stable And Feature-Packed VPN
- 3000+ Servers at your disposal
- Located in 94 countries and 180 locations across the world
- Incredibly fast and stable connections
- Top-notch encryption protocols
- Comes with an amazing iOS app
- Only provides protection for three devices
- No free trial available
- No Kill Switch
Performance is this provider’s strongest suit. It doesn’t matter where you are – ExpressVPN will always find a fast and reliable server to connect to. Based on the British Virgin Islands, it is among the safest and most private services for an iPad user. Add leading security protocols and a flawless app on your iOS device, and you’ll understand exactly why it always makes it into the top-3.
Speaking of the app, it is compatible with iOS 8 and higher and can even work on outdated gadgets. Everything is cleverly laid out, and it takes only a couple of taps to activate the VPN, choose a server, and connect to it. If you’re running a lower version of the iOS, there are detailed and user-friendly instructions on the official website on how to install it.
On the security front, ExpressVPN packs 256-bit encryption, OpenVPN, P2TP/IPSec, and DNS Leaks Protection. Sadly, there’s no Kill Switch. As for the pricing policy, this service doesn’t offer a free trial; but, there’s a 30-day Money-Back Guarantee. And here are the prices:
- 1-Month Plan: $12.95
- 6-Month Plan: $59.95 ($9.99 per month)
- 1-Year Plan: $99.95 ($6.60 per month)
#2 – Nord VPN – Secure, Reliable, And With A Strong Server Network
- One of the largest networks (5300 servers)
- Arguably, The Most Secure VPN Of Our Time
- Onion-Over, Obfuscated, And P2P Servers
- The iOS app needs some work
- The monthly plan could be cheaper
As the title says, NordVPN is a highly reliable and secure Virtual Private Network with an impressive number of servers. And, it gives access to different kinds of servers that are “fine-tuned” for specific goals. For example, the P2P servers are excellent for torrenting; the obfuscated servers, in turn, are best for countries like China that impose strict restrictions.
The biggest flaw of the otherwise perfect NordVPN is the somewhat odd iOS app. While it’s not horrible, it certainly isn’t as friendly as it should be and you’ll need a bit more time to learn your way around it. The app is compatible with iOS 9.0 and higher. The list of security features is similar to Express VPN, plus, it comes with a Kill Switch and double data encryption.
Along with a 30-day MBG, there’s also a free trial. Here are the prices:
- 1-Month Plan: $11.95
- 1-Year Plan: $83.88 ($6.99 per month)
- 2-Year Plan: $95.75 ($3.99 per month)
- 3-Year Plan: $107.55 ($2.99 per month)
#3 – PIA (Private Internet Access) – Equally Fast And Affordable
- Highly affordable, including the monthly plan
- Decent stability and connection speeds
- 3000+ servers to choose from
- Not the most feature-packed VPN
- Money-back guarantee only lasts for 7 days
Performance-wise, PIA is almost as good as ExpressVPN. You’ll never feel like the service is out of servers, and the overall stability deserves praise. The iOS app is compatible with version 9.0 and higher. The interface is friendly and straightforward (it does lack some features, but there is a Kill Switch).
AES 256-bit encryption, OpenVPN, and L2TP/IPSec are also a part of the picture. Private Internet Access doesn’t provide a free trial; furthermore, the MBG is quite short (only seven days). On the bright side, it is quite affordable:
- 1-Month Plan: $6.95
- 1-Year Plan: $39.95 ($3.33 per month)
- 2-Year Plan: $69.95 ($2.91 per month)
This is it for our list of the best VPN services for students with an iPad. However, those aren’t the only worthy picks. Here are some of the most capable alternatives that may also be a decent choice:
- IPVanish: All-Around Solid, Good Overall Performance
- SaferVPN: Highly Affordable (If You Commit For At Least A Year)
- CyberGhost: One Of The Fastest VPNs On The Market