Welcome to the teachingwithipad.org! I am excited to share with you how I use my iPad in the classroom!
It is safe to say that iPads are becoming more and more popular today. Everyone knows at least a few people who own one, if not a few Apple devices at home. Teachers are getting iPads, for both personal and educational uses. This blog is meant to aide teachers, professors, and other educators in maximizing the use of iPads in teaching.
Another reason why I have decided to start this blog is that, since I have taught with the iPad for over a complete school year, I don’t think I could ever go without it. I have brought it with me (I am a traveling teacher) to every single one of my classes. Not to say that I am always using it. My students have gotten so used to me having it that it isn’t necessarily exciting, except when I bring out a new app to teach with. This piece of technology has become an integral part of my teaching.
Follow me on Twitter, as I usually will tweet out my latest posts, or subscribe to this blog if you have common interests as me.
A little bit about me:
- I am currently entering my thirteenth(!) year of teaching
- I teach in French as a second language to almost 350 students in Grades 1 through Grade 5
- I do not have a classroom; I teach fourteen classes in eight different classrooms throughout the week
- I have a laptop, an iPad Pro, a school issued iPad 4, and hdmi projector on my mobile cart that I bring to each classroom
- I enjoy teaching guitar and piano as a hobby
I will be starting with the basic iPad apps. I have heard from other teachers that they just “don’t know where to start” with using their iPads in class. Some apps might seem obvious to the veteran Apple consumer, but with more and more new consumers, it doesn’t hurt to start from “scratch”.
Please let me know in the comments if you have any questions or suggestions!
Follow me on Twitter.
Follow me on Pinterest.
Follow me on Google+.
Check out my about.me page.
Contact me via email at email@example.com